Friday, July 11, 2014

Page Layouts 1.0

I'm currently toying with rough, rough layouts and pagination. A special note to the team: I'd much rather resolve design issues later than to restrict any creativity that might be flowing now. But, having references such as these should certainly prove helpful.

The mock-ups below are for an 11.25" x 8.75" Classic Hardcover book -- which deviates from our originally proposed dimensions noted in the sidebar. I'm thinking that these landscaped pages will add versatility to the layouts (not to mention, it will knock our book into a lower price range).

You'll note the space allotted for copy of some sort. It's been brought up by a few members of our team a desire to include a brief summary or information about the particular creature being drawn.

As always, thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

2 comments :

  1. Look at you being super productive, Kristy! I love the sizing and I think the rough layout is great. Being a print person, I will definitely be wanting a hard copy. Thanks for keeping print in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete